Water Reservoirs can come in any shape or form. A water reservoir refers to any type of tank that can hold and/or redirect water flow. Want to know more about the types of reservoirs in South Africa? Read our previous article where we look at the different types of water reservoirs and their purpose: Corrugated Reservoirs
Overview of Water Reservoir’s uses and types
Don’t want to go read the previous article? No problem.
Let’s take a quick look at the uses and types of reservoirs found all around the world.
- Valley-Dammed Reservoirs. Built between mountains and valleys where the valleys act as the reservoir’s walls.
- Bank Side Reservoirs. Made by diverting water from local rivers or streams to an existing reservoir.
- Service Reservoirs. Completely man-made. Water Tanks for everyday-use can be considered service reservoirs.
- Balance the fluctuating demand from the distribution system.
- Permitting the source to give a steady or differently phased output.
- Give a suitable pressure for the distribution system and reduce pressure fluctuations therein.
- Provide supply during a failure or shutdown of the main source of water leading to the reservoir.
Adapted from Water Supply (Fifth Edition) @ 2000
Therefore, water tanks/reservoirs act as a service reservoir. It is used daily for various agricultural and household purposes. However, it can be used as an emergency supply of water in case of a fire or water failure.
However, bigger constructions like Valley-Dammed and Bank Side Reservoirs are mainly used to store vast amounts of water for use within communities and to prevent flooding in certain areas.
Water Reservoirs for sale in South Africa
When you are looking to install a water tank, it is important to know the pros and cons of each tank. Therefore, it is imperative that you do your research. We have spoken about the pros and cons of our tank quite a bit in the last few months. Thereby, we hope to educate and inform so that our customers and potential customers can make an informed decision. You can view our previous articles regarding water tanks here: Aquadam Blogs
Are you wondering “Where can I get a water reservoir near me?”
Well, we can help you out! Aquadam Tanks are available across the country. In Gauteng, the Cape, Mpumalanga and all other provinces. We manufacture, sell and install water tanks all over South Africa. Therefore, you can easily order your water tank in three steps:
- Go to our “Order Now” tab and select the tank you want
- Click the “Add to Basket” button and make your payment
- Wait for our sales team to contact you regarding delivery and installation (if applicable)
Our different Water Reservoir Ranges:
At Aquadam we have ranges to suit domestic needs, industrial and agricultural needs.
We specialize in the manufacturing of steel tanks. Therefore, we have made various ranges, that are suited to specific needs. We will briefly discuss the uses for each of our ranges below. However, if you are still unsure which tank will be perfect for your application, feel free to contact our sales agents who will be able to talk you through all the specs of each tank.
Slimline Home Tank Water Reservoir
Our slimline range is created for domestic living. This range is exactly what it says: SLIMline. Therefore, the design is slim, space-efficient and perfect for those living in a suburban area with little space.
The tank is manufactured using Zincalume steel. Therefore, it has a 20-year warranty! Some of the additions that make this tank perfect for domestic living includes:
- Capacity: 2000l water tank – 7000l water tank
- Rainwater Harvesting Tank
- Wide range of color options to suit residential areas
- Short lead-time ( 3-6 weeks)
Boasts with the same specifications of the Slimline tank except for the fact that it is:
- Round Steel Tank / Water Reservoir
- Capacity ranges from 1500l to 60 000l
However, if you are looking for a bigger tank for more than just domestic use, our other tanks might be ideal for you.
This tank is created for Agricultural holdings that need water for various agricultural duties on the farm. Perfect for water storage for irrigation, emergency water, etc. These tanks can withstand harsh weather conditions like thunderstorms, wind storms and earthquakes.
Additionally, this tank can also be used for storing acids, detergents, biofuel and animal feed.
- Sizing & Capacity: Custom Built to your specifications
- Material: Zincalume Corrugated Steel
- Warranty: 20 years
It does exactly what it says in the name. This tank is specifically designed to ensure that the water is stored appropriately and can be used during an emergency.
Approved by SABS. Therefore, you know you are getting the highest quality tank in the market.
- AWWA D103-97: (American Water Works Association) Standard for Factory Coated Bolted Steel Tanks for Water Storage.
- SANS 10160-3: Basis of Structural Design and Actions for Buildings and Industrial Structures – Part 3: Wind Actions.
- SANS 282:2004: Edition 5.1 – Bending dimensions and scheduling of steel reinforcement for concrete.
- PosMAC Steel: Magnesium, Zinc and Aluminium alloy coating that acts differently to iron when exposed to the elements.
Additionally, these water reservoirs are useful for a wide range of applications including Aquaculture, chemical storage, agriculture, wastewater treatment plants, etc.
This tank is built to the client’s specifications. Therefore, these tanks cannot be ordered online. However, it’s easy to get a quote, simply start chatting on our chat bubble (Will be displayed at the bottom right corner of your screen) and a sales agent will get back to you as soon as possible.
Rhino Tank Water Reservoir
Tank built for impact durability. This reservoir is perfect for storing water. However, it’s main features include tough bolted steel tank covered with a thermally bonded epoxy coating. Therefore, this tank is perfect for liquid chemical storage.
The Rhino Water Tank is well suited for storing a wide variety of liquid chemicals, with a pH suitability of 2-11 and temperatures of up to 60°C.
As with the Fire Protection Tank, this tank comes to custom made to customer specifications. Therefore, there is no online ordering function. You have complete control of the build, capacity, etc. of your tank. Exactly what you need if you are looking to get a tank of this size for your industry.
As can be seen from our ranges, tanks can act as water reservoirs, but many tanks are versatile. Therefore, they are useful across industries for various applications.
Feel free to contact our team for the best advice and tips on purchasing and installing your water reservoir!